Monday, May 30, 2011

A New Thing

I'm processing a lot right now. So many thoughts, feelings, revelations and hurts. I'm currently spinning in circles- in fact- I feel much like I puppy chasing its tail. Except that the tail is hope and I'm just lost.

It's hard to open yourself up. To be vulnerable with the people around you. Sometimes, it's a challenge to have that vulnerability with myself, to be truly honest in my heart of hearts. Last year in August, much of my world came crashing down around me. I picked up a few shattered pieces, dusted my self off, straightened my hair and didn't look back.

Avoidance. This is my status quo.

I'm trying a new thing. Starting it tonight. I'm going to, as my dear friend Christina would say, face the dragons. I thought I might try to slay them too, but in all honesty, the idea of fighting anything was so overwhelming I nearly lost my dinner. So.... I'm surrendering that. All I need to do is turn and face the dragons. Each one individually, I plan to look square in the eye. Then I will walk away for good as my Heavenly Father slays them for me.

Here goes everything.

No comments: